Lions Mane (Hericium erinaceus) is a culinary and medicinal mushroom which has a long history of usage in traditional Chinese medicine. It is well known as a powerful catalyst for brain cell regeneration, essential for memory and cognition.
Lion’s mane mushrooms contain two special compounds that can stimulate Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and the growth of brain cells: hericenones and erinacines. Hericinones are in the fruiting body and erinacines are in the mycelium. Hericenones help your brain produce more Nerve Growth Factor and erinacines easily cross the blood-brain barrier to boost the production of neurons.
This gives Lions Mane promising potential to help with serious neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.*
Research has also found that lion’s mane mushroom extract may help speed recovery from injuries to the nervous system (brain and spinal cord injuries) and reduce the severity of brain damage after a stroke.*
Think brain power and focus when looking at the traditional applications of Lions Mane: the brain loving mushroom that works to keep your brain young!
Evolution Botanicals Lions Mane:
- Extract Strength of 12:1
- 20% Beta-D-Glucans
- Derived from 100% Fruit Bodies
- Certified USDA organic
- Free from all fillers
Serving suggestion: Take 1/2 to 1 tsp daily
Directions: Stir Lions Mane directly intro a cool/ hot water and drink. Lions Mane is also a great additive to smoothies, hot tonics, as an addition to coffee or cacao and mixed into sweet and savoury foods.
Safety: Lion’s Mane Mushroom is non-toxic and considered very safe. So there are very few side effects ever reported.
Storage: Our herbal extracts are packaged in Miron Glass with a safety seal. This protects them from moisture and light but there are a few tips that can help to keep them this way after opening:
- Medicinal mushrooms will actively draw moisture out of humid air. To protect them from this moisture, ensure any instrument entering your jar is completely dry. Also ensure the lids on your products are sealed tight between usage.
- The medicinal mushrooms will start to become sticky if exposed to moisture or humid air for too long, if this happens please note they are still safe to consume and medicinally potent, to use herbs in this condition mix with hot water to redissolve.
- We recommend all herbs are stored below 30C as a general precaution however the herbal extracts are very heat tolerant and are fine to use in hot beverages and cooking without compromising potency.
Evolution Botanicals Quality Assurance
Hardwood Chips, Cottonseed Hull Growth Medium
- The growth substrate for Medicinal Mushrooms greatly alters the quantity of active medicinal compounds in the product. Lions Mane requires living hardwood to create the secondary metabolites that are medicinally beneficial to us, Lion's Mane grown on grain and other substrates is inferior.
Derived from 100% Fruit Bodies
- The fruiting body of the mushroom contains the highest quantity of active medicinal compounds. Some manufacturers add the mushroom mycelium to the product as a filler, this is the root system of the mushroom (called hyphae) and has less medicinally active compounds.
- Our Lion's Mane is grown in Gutian county, Fujian Province, China. Growing conditions in this region are ideally suited to growing Mushrooms and Gutian is arguably the mushroom capital of the China if not the world.
- Being Di Tao is not to be confused with being Organic. Di Dao herbs may still come into contact with non organic contaminants during farming or extraction. Di Tao herbs are not audited for quality like Organic Herbs are. We are both Organic and Di Dao.
- This product has been standardised to contain 20% + Beta-D-Glucans from Hericium erinaceus or Lion's Mane. All our products are tested to ensure the highest quantity of medicinally active compounds, we are one of the few companies who do this expensive product validation.
- Every batch of our product is lab tested for over 250+ parameters to ensure it is free from any nasties like heavy metals, pesticides, hydrocarbons, or contaminants.
- This products is processed to ISO standards in a GMP (good manufacturing practices) facility.
Serving Size: 1/2 to 1 tsp
Servings per container: 50 - 100
Ingredients: Certified Organic Lions Mane Extract (12:1)