Notify me when back in stock
Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is a type of mushrrom that grows mainly on birch trees in cold climates, such as Northern Europe, Siberia, Russia and Korea.
Long used in folk medicine, Chaga contains massive amounts of the pigment melanin. Melanin is a potent antioxidant and has one of the highest oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) scores of any food.
Chaga is known for a long list of benefits which may be why it is referred to as the "King of Mushrooms"!
Some of the impressive compounds and actions of Chaga include:
- Inhibiting the production of certain cytokines in the body, thereby reducing chronic inflammation
- Containing high amounts of polyphenols (antioxidants) which support liver detoxification and the reduction of oxidative stress on the body
- Containing substances that prevent H. pylori bacteria from growing (a common cause of ulcers in the stomach and intestines)
- Containing a type of beta-D-glucans that have been shown to help lower blood sugar levels
- Being an adaptogen - improving your body’s resilience and capacity to process and respond to stressors
- Improving physical endurance
Chaga is also rich in fiber and essential nutrients, including vitamin D, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and calcium.
Think strong immunity and inflammation fighter when looking at the traditional applications of Chaga: the Kind of mushrooms that works to keep your whole body strong!
Evolution Botanicals Chaga:
- Extract Strength of 11:1
- 20% Beta-D-Glucans
- Derived from 100% Fruit Bodies
- Grown on living birch trees
- Certified USDA organic
- Free from all fillers
- Product of Siberia
Serving suggestion: Take 1/2 to 1 tsp daily
Directions: Stir directly into warm water and drink. Chaga is also a great alternaive to coffee and pairs beautifully with cacao.
Chaga may interact with and increase the affect of blood thinners (such as warfarin). Please consult your healthcare professional before using in conjunction with blood thinning medications. Chaga can also reduce blood clotting, which will affect surgery. Your doctor may recommend you stop using Chaga at least two weeks before you go in for any form of surgery.
Chaga contains compounds that can potentially lower blood sugar. If you are taking diabetes medication or medication to lower your blood sugar, please consult with your pharmacist or healthcare professional before use.
Our herbal extracts are packaged in Miron Glass with a safety seal. This protects them from moisture and light but there are a few tips that can help to keep them this way after opening:
- Medicinal mushrooms will actively draw moisture out of humid air. To protect them from this moisture, ensure any instrument entering your jar is completely dry. Also ensure the lids on your products are sealed tight between usage.
- The medicinal mushrooms will start to become sticky if exposed to moisture or humid air for too long, if this happens please note they are still safe to consume and medicinally potent, to use herbs in this condition mix with hot water to redissolve.
- We recommend all herbs are stored below 30C as a general precaution however the herbal extracts are very heat tolerant and are fine to use in hot beverages and cooking without compromising potency.
Quality Control Statement from Evolution Botanicals:
- This product has been standardised to contain 20% + Beta-D-Glucans from Inonotus obliquus or Siberian Chaga. All our products are tested to ensure the highest quantity of medicinally active compounds, we are one of the few companies who do this expensive product validation.
- Every batch of our product is lab tested for over 250+ parameters to ensure it is free from any nasties like heavy metals, pesticides, hydrocarbons, or contaminants.
- This products is processed to ISO standards in a GMP (good manufacturing practices) facilities. We take no shortcuts to ensure quality.
Serving Size: 1/2 to 1 tsp
Servings per container: 50 - 100
Ingredients: Certified Organic Chaga Extract (11:1)