Notify me when back in stock
Saccharomyces boulardii (S. Boulardii) is a strain of non-pathogenic yeast first discovered by Henry Boulard in 1920. Because S. Boulardii is a yeast microbe, it cannot be killed by antibiotics.
There is a wealth of research data supporting the use of S. Boulardii in gastro intestinal conditions. It has been shown to be effective at combating Candida Albicans, H. Pylori, Clostridium Difficile, and other pathogenic yeast and bacteria strains. The highest quality S. Boulardii preparations are lyophilized (freeze dried) and generally contain 5 billion CFU (colony forming units).
Cytoplan Saccharomyces Boulardii:
- Contains 250mg Saccharomyces Boulardii per capsule
- Contains five billion live viable colonies per capsule
- Is antibiotic resistant
- Is non-systemic (i.e. It does not colonise the intestinal tract)
- Is processed by 'lyophilisation' - a form of freeze-drying which allows the supplement to be shelf-stable so that refrigeration is not necessary
- Is perfect for taking alongside antibiotic use
- Is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and lactose sensitivities.
Size: 60 caps
Servings size: 1 cap
Servings per container: 60
Ingredients: Saccharomyces boulardii; Vegetable Cellulose (capsule shell).