Filter by Categories
Magnesium is involved in virtually every cellular process in the body. But due to depleted soils and poor farming practices, it is extremely difficult to source adequate magnesium from the diet alone.
The Ancient Minerals range offers rapidly absorbed, topically applied magnesium to aid cellular replenishment of this critical mineral.
Applied intensely for 3-4 months, the Ancient Minerals topical magnesium range can fully restore cellular magnesium to optimal levels. Following this initial phase, you may choose to continue daily application or reduce down to several times per week.
Magnesium is kind of a big deal…
Magnesium is involved in virtually every cellular process in the body. This critical mineral:
- Acts as a cellular protectant
- Supports detoxification processes
- Relieves symptomatic aches and pains
- Improves mood and relieves stress
- Encourages healthy skin tissue and healing
- Fuels the mitochondria of every cell in the body, and that means ENERGY
But it is extremely difficult to source adequate magnesium from the diet alone. Digestive problems can also hamper our absorption of magnesium. Surprisingly, one of the most effective ways to absorb magnesium is through the skin, as it bypasses the digestive system altogether, heading straight to the bloodstream!
The Ancient Minerals transdermal magnesium range includes ultra-pure magnesium oil extracted from the ancient Zechstein seabed in Europe – the purest magnesium on the planet.
Each product in the range also contains methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), a superior form of natural sulfur that aids efficient absorption of magnesium by enhancing the permeability of skin cells. MSM is also a potent anti-inflammatory substance, reducing the irritation that can sometimes occur with the initial application of magnesium oil.
Applied intensely for 3-4 months, the Ancient Minerals topical magnesium range can fully restore cellular magnesium to optimal levels. Following this initial phase, you may choose to continue daily application or reduce down to several times per week. In our experience your body will ‘tell’ you how frequently you need to apply, and you are likely to fluctuate your use depending on circumstances. You may find that periods of stress and recovery call for extra magnesium, while relaxed and settled phases require less.
Some notes on topical magnesium application:
- You may find that it 'stings' on the first few applications. We can't be sure, but it does seem to be related to magneisum deficiency. As your levels build up the sting goes away. You may have to 'grit your teeth' the first few applications and wash it off after 15 minutes once the magnesium has been absorbed!
- You may notice a ‘salty’ residue on your skin after applying Ancient Minerals magnesium products. This is completely normal. You can avoid it by applying your product 20 minutes before a shower, or by wiping the skin with a damp washcloth 20 minutes after application.
- Ideally, apply Ancient Minerals topical magnesium products to clean, dry skin. Cosmetics and body products potentially hinder the absorption of magnesium.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mucuous membranes, the face and other sensitive skin areas. We have found that the Ancient Minerals products are absorbed wonderfully via foot massage – relaxing in and of itself!