This is a in-line filter that is installed between the water pipe and your existing shower head.
- High Output Chrome plated brass
- Reversible Filter Cartridge
- Ultra-High Strength Housing
- Cartridge Life Rating: 12 Months
The Chlorgon filtration media removes:
- Free Chlorine (Cl-)
- Combined Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell)
- Iron oxide (rust water)
- Dirt, sediment
…plus, it’s pH balanced!
What is Chlorgon?
Chlorogon is a type of Redox filtration media. Researched, developed and patented by David Farley, CEO of Sprite Industries, Inc., Chlorgon converts free chlorine and some combined chlorines to a harmless chloride salt. A proprietary blend of Copper, Zinc and Calcium Sulfide, Chlorgon works well in a variety of temperatures from hot to cold.
All Sprite filtered shower products contain Chlorgon.
While free chlorine is converted to a harmless chloride, the filters handle iron oxide filtration slightly differently. Iron oxide in a shower setting is often described as “brown or rust water” and deposits onto the filtration media, where it will remain until the next shower. We recommend flushing the filter in warm water for a minute or two at the beginning of each shower to “reset” the media. If there is a high concentration of iron oxide in your water, a whole-house filtration system designed specifically for iron removal may best suit your needs.
1 x Sprite Universal Filter
Listings, Certifications and Patents Awarded:
• NSF – Certified to Standard 177 for Shower Filtration
• IAPMO R&T – Certified for Shower Filtration
• IAPMO R&T Platinum Seal – Certified for Water Quality
• ASME A112.18.1 – Certified for Plumbing Code Standards
• CSA B125.1 – Certified for Plumbing Code Standards
• cUPC – Certified for Plumbing Code Standards
• U.S. and International Patents – 5,914,043, 6,056,875, 6,325,930, 6,214,224, 6,325,930