This recipe is part of our Thankfully Nourished Christmas Banquet.
This aioli is a perfect compliment to a large bowl of fresh summer prawns, that great Aussie tradition that graces most Christmas family tables. If you can’t get your hands on lemon verbena (we bought our lemon verbena plant from Bunnings), just leave it out and bump up the lime zest to two teaspoons.
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 280ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chopped lemon verbena
- ½ tsp pureed garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 30ml boiling water
How to make it
- Whisk egg yolks with vinegar and mustard, this can also be done in a small food processor.
- While whisking add oil in a slow steady stream until all is incorporated.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, lemon verbena, salt and garlic and whisk together.
- Add water and whisk until desired consistency is reached.
- Or you can add lime zest, lime juice, lemon verbena, salt and garlic to already made mayonnaise.
- You can see the whole Thankfully Nourished Christmas Banquet menu here