The deep yellow cultured butter churned from the cream harvested from cows eating rapidly growing green grass is a rich source of vitamins A and D as well as the ‘X-factor’, a nutrient complex discovered by Dr. Weston A. Price, that ultimately makes both fat-soluable vitamins and dietary minerals more ‘useable’ by the body.
X-factor was described by Dr. Price as a ‘vitamin-like activator’ that ultimately makes both fat-soluable vitamins and dietary minerals more ‘useable’ by the body. In ‘Nutrition and Physical Degeneration’, Price observed that:
‘It is possible to starve for minerals that are abundant in the foods eaten because they cannot be utilized without an adequate quantity of the fat-soluable activators’
Dr. Price deduced that foods high in ‘Activator X’ (which included the organs and fats of pastured animals, certain seafoods, principally fish eggs, pastured poultry liver and, of course, high vitamin butter oil) played a critical role in the body’s assimilation of minerals from foods and resulted in:
- dramatic increase (and even reversal of) tooth decay,
- protection against heart diseases,
- optimal brain and nervous system functioning,
- ease of reproduction and the uncomplicated births of robust and healthy children
- dramatic improvements in the growth, development, immunity and strength of all of his patients
Dr. Price always prescribed high vitamin butter oil together with high vitamin cod liver oil. His clinical experience showed him that the two work in synergy: neither being as effective alone as they are with each other.
Green Pastures Butter Oil is also a rich source of:
- Wulzen Factor (the anti-stiffness factor) which protects humans and animals from joint calcification, clinically presented as degenerative arthritis
- Conjugated Linoleic Acids (CLA), which improves bodyfat composition and improves immune system function
- Butyric Acid, which is thought to have important roles in human metabolism and stress resistance and as a systemic anti-inflammatory substance
- Vitamin E’s – vitamin E isn’t just one nutrient, it’s a group of 8 fat-soluable compounds that all play important nutritional roles as enzymes and antioxidants
- Co-Q Enzymes, which are especially important for the optimal functioning of the heart, kidneys, liver and pancreas.
120 caps (500mg caps)
Serving size: 2 caps
Sevings per bottle: 60
Ingredients: Dairy oil extract, unbleached beeswax (as thickener), capsules made from plant cellulose.
NB: 4 Butter Oil Capsules are equivalent to approx. 1/2 tsp Butter Oil Liquid.
|Brand||Green Pasture Products|
What are the levels of EPA/DHA?
EPA 150mg and DHA 90mg per 2 caps
The amounts above are typical but will naturally vary from batch to batch just like any fresh/unprocessed food.
What are the Vitamin A and D levels?
Vitamin A 1825IU, Vitamin D 426IU per 2 caps
All amounts listed in above questions are typical and will vary slightly from batch to batch.
What are the serving sizes?
1) Babies over 6 months? ¼ tsp or less
2) Kids under 12 years? ¼ tsp
3) Teenagers? ¼ - ½ tsp
4) Adults? ½ tsp or more
The amounts above are purely suggested serving sizes and should not be taken as nutritional advice. Please consult a healthcare professional for serving sizes that may be more appropriate for your individual needs.
What is the difference between Butter vs. Butter Oil?
It takes about 4kg of cream to yield 230g of X-Factor Gold! What a precious food!
X-Factor Gold is made seasonally from May through October, from the milk of cows feeding on rapidly growing pasture. Rapid growth is the key to the Activator X content, and irrigation and rotational grazing are the keys to constant rapid growth. This is strictly maintained in the Green Pasture Products cow pastures.
What are the serving suggestions?
Straight off the spoon or mixed with equal parts regular butter and spread onto bread or vegetables such as carrot sticks.
What are the suggestions for kids?
The Oslo Orange FCLO is a great one to start with. It is milder than the other flavour and can easily be mixed into small amount of orange juice or milk (about 10mls or so).
We have found that It is usually easier to take FCLO and Butter Oil separately to begin with. The blend is often quite thick in texture and usually taken straight off the spoon. This makes it a little harder to disguise for those who find the taste difficult to swallow! Having said that, lots of kids do take the blend straight off the spoon and ask for more - so it's very individual of course.