Fantastic wholefood sources of vitamin C, critical for the optimal functioning of the immune and cardiovascular systems and optimal skin health.
Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that acts as both a potent antioxidant and nutritional co-factor in many important enzymatic reactions. Vitamin C must be obtained via the diet for humans and is a critical nutrient for:
- The synthesis of collagen, carnitine and catecholamines, assisting in the growth and repair of tissues
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke and hypertension
- Supporting a healthy immune system
- Aiding in the absorption of iron
- Supporting optimal detoxification processes
- Aiding in the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels and fat metabolism
In wholefoods, vitamin C always exists as a nutrient complex with bioflavonoids and other antioxidants and nutrients for optimal absorption and utilisation. Our carefully selected wholefood vitamin C supplements offer vitamin C in its natural, complexed form.