Atlantic wakame (Alaria esculenta) is a brown kelp seaweed which has been consumed in Northern Europe for centuries, as both food and medicine.
Much of its popularity can be attributed to its impressive nutrient density and high mineral and vitamin content. Seaweed naturally absorbs the nutrients from its marine environment, making sourcing from pure waters vital.
Wild harvested from the pristine waters of the Atlantic, Power Super Foods raw wakame is sustainably hand selected by certified organic, small scale harvesters then air dried at low temperatures. These practices ensure minimal enviromental impact and promote the sustainable supply of quality sea vegetables.
Wakame is most well known for being:
- An excellent source of iodine, which is essential for thyroid heallth and maintenance of healthy skin.
- A good source of many nutrients including: manganese, magnesium, calcium, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as iron, copper and phosphorus.
- Rich in omega 3 and polyphenlols
- Containing anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
Power Super Foods Wakame is:
- Certified Organic
- Raw, wild-harvested and freeze-dried
- Free from fillers or sweeteners like maltodextrin
- Gluten free
Suggested Uses: Delicious sprinkled onto miso soup, noodles, nourish bowls and stir fries. They are also a versatile alternative to salt, rendering a nutrient boost to soups, casseroles, stocks and salads.
Ingredients: Certified Organic, 100% Freeze-dried Atlantic wakame (Alaria esculenta)
|Brand||Power Super Foods|