A thoroughly researched and thought-provoking guide to traditional foods that communicates a startling message…
Animal fats and cholesterol are not villains, but vital dietary factors that are necessary for normal growth, optimal function of the brain and nervous system, protection from disease and consistently strong energy levels and immunity!
Part educational tome and part wonderful cookbook, Nourishing Traditions dispels modern day dietary fads and provides an entertaining guide to creating a nutritious, delicious and truly health supporting diet!
Nourishing Traditions tells you:
- Why your body needs old fashioned animal fats
- Why butter is a health food
- How high-cholesterol diets support robust health
- How saturated fats protect the heart
- How broths, soups and rich sauces help you to digest and assimilate your meals
- Why nuts, seeds, grains and legumes need special preparation
- About enzyme-enhanced foods and beverages that can provide increased energy and vitality
- Why high-fibre, low-fat diets cause vitamin and mineral deficiencies
Just some of the fascinating topics covered include:
- The health benefits of traditional fats and oils, like coconut oil and butter
- The dangers of vegetarianism
- The major problems with soy
- The pros and cons of milk and dairy consumption
- Feeding babies and children
Truly a kitchen-must for all interested in supporting their health through nutrition!
By Sally Fallon